Return to the People’s Podium – click here.
People’s Podium use
- To participate in the People’s Podium, you must be a member – click here to register or click here to login. Others may read posts and vote.
- The concept is to encourage dialogue among the People’s Podium members. To do this, please ask a question or make an assertion of your position via a question (similar to Quora or Stackflow). This is to solicit diverse answers and opinions with comments.
- All questions are moderated, so please do be patient. Answers and comments are not moderated, though they are looked at for offensive responses after posting.
- Non-members are allowed to vote anonymously without membership.
- Email notifications will occur to remind you of People’s Podium events or events that happened while not in the People’s Podium. You can subscribe or unsubscribe to these notifications by the question. Do check your email spam folders and/or ensure your email administration is correct.
- Please use SEARCH first before asking a question. There is a good chance some member has already asked the same question.
- Be DESCRIPTIVE, and don’t use “stupid” questions or answer posts. PLEASE be descriptive and then provide a short summary of your question. Don’t use attention getting subjects only annoy members like, “Help me, Hello, Very urgent, I have a question.” The same goes for answers.
- WARNING – once you submit a question, you will not be able to edit it – so validate your question prior to clicking the “Submit” button. This is so members don’t answer questions that are changing. You can, however, comment on your own question for any clarifications.
- Once you have posted a question, members will attempt to answer your questions. Or it may be an assertion of your idea posed as a question for an open discussion. Members may “Up-vote” or “Down-vote” answers to make the best answer float to the top. As the originator of the question, you may select the “Best” answer that satisfies the question by Clicking the “Check Mark” next to the best answer. This does not mean it is the best answer for the entire People’s Podium community. Until “Closed,” the question originator can change their mind and check a different answer if one becomes better – so members can still answer questions even though an answer has been selected. Or, you may merely close the question with no best answer.
- PLEASE be prompt in your responses.
- For navigation through questions, you may use the breadcrumb navigations by category or author.
- PLEASE “Upvote” or “Down-vote” questions and “Best” answers that you think are important so members can see the most important in priority of relevance.
- Questions older than 30 days will automatically be closed.
People’s Podium conduct
- No spam. All manual and automated messages, advertisements, self-promotion, and links of commercial websites will be deleted.
- Refrain from using ALL CAPS EVERYWHERE, IT IS VERY ANNOYING and makes your posts hard to read.
- Post in relevant categories. Messages posted in the wrong topic area will be removed and placed in the correct sub-People’s Podium by admins.
- Respect other members. No flaming or abusing fellow members. Members who continue to post inflammatory, abusive comments may be banned by admins.
- Harassment. No threats or harassment of other members will be tolerated. Any instance of threatening or harassing behavior is grounds for banning from the People’s Podium.
- No racial, ethnic, antisemitic, gender-based insults or any other personal discrimination allowed. This will not be tolerated and can lead to banning from the People’s Podium.
- Adult content. No profanity or pornography is allowed. Posts containing adult material will be deleted.
- Any impersonation of a member from the People’s Podium, in any mode of communication, is strictly prohibited and will result in a banning.
- Illegal content. No re-posting of copyrighted materials or other illegal content is allowed. Any posts containing illegal content or copyrighted materials will be deleted.
- Do not post copyright-infringing material. Providing or asking for information on how to illegally obtain copyrighted materials is forbidden.